Thursday, July 03, 2008

1892 Gotta Read

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Every so often I mention Scott Adams' blog (yeah, the Dilbert guy). I read it precisely for observations like this, from his post "Ignorance is Underrated":

"...ten percent of American voters think Obama is a muslim. Your first thought might be that this misunderstanding could influence who becomes the next president of the United States. But ask yourself if any of the people who think Obama is a muslim are likely to vote for a black Democrat under any circumstance. I'm guessing that the ignorance of those voters on that particular point will have no impact on anything."
and
"When it comes to picking our next president, I can't decide if I prefer the smooth-talking, inspirational candidate who promises to give my money to people who don't work as hard as I do, or the old, short, ugly, angry guy with one good arm who graduated at the bottom of his class and somehow managed to shag a hot heiress and become a contender for president. It seems dangerous to underestimate that guy."
Droll. Very droll.
.

No comments: