Monday, June 30, 2008

1886 Que

Monday, June 30, 2008

You know those strings of letters you have to enter when you post a comment? The ones to foil spammers?

To whom do I write to get them to ban "q"s and/or "g"s? Or at least use a font where they are very different. I cannot ever tell the difference between lower case "Q" and lower case "G", especially when they're distorted! I always get it wrong, even when I second guess myself and chose whichever I think it isn't. I ask for another string, and sometimes I go through several strings before they offer one without either of those letters.

In a real word, I can generally tell, although words like quilt and guilt still need more context. (Sometimes I even spell those words wrong. I confuse them. I often feel quilty about things, and throw guilts on my bed.)
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You can write to them, but their email address is qggqgwvwvw@lililil.com