Friday, August 17, 2007

1441 Mirthday

Friday, August 17, 2007

First off, no, I don't mind if anyone reading this links to me in their own blogs. The only folks I'm "hiding from" are local gossips, who are highly unlikely to be reading your blogs, so they won't find me through you. (Actually, it's only one person, but I figured this was a good time to clean the slate, so to speak.) He won't find me on a search, either. I'm WAY down on the search lists at this point.

Incidentally, I've informed my friends that I'd moved, and why, and they are all ok with it. They all know the one who screwed it up for everyone, and they're not surprised - he's a notorious gossip - and having read my treatment of themselves and others up to this point, they trust me. As one of them has said, "You're so open all the time, I don't need to read your blog to know what's going on with you. It's more fun when you tell me in person."

So, link away. There aren't so many of you that you'd move me up in search lists.

--------------------------------------

Tonight was Mirthday.

It started out as a monthly Mensa event for everyone who had a birthday in that month, and anyone else who wanted to attend. Lack of attendance has dropped it from the calendar, except for when a birthday person wants to put it in. So far, the past two years, the only Mirthday has been in August, organized by FW (she likes celebrating her birthday). Last year the attendees were FW and me. This year, FW got 10 people who said they'd be there - right up until this afternoon, when they began dropping out, and it ended up FW, Roman, and me. Sheesh.

We met on a moored barge on the Hudson River, at the Newburgh waterfront. There's a bar on the top deck, roofed over, but open to the river all around the sides. The restaurant is downstairs. We had a drink up top, then went down for dinner.

It was funny - I confused the slight swaying of the boat with the effects of my (very mild) drink, and I felt a bit tipsy. I got giggly. I may have said a few things I shouldn't have, but I guess it was ok.

The food was good. Best steak I've had in a long time. Fed the ducks the remnants of our bread basket.
.

No comments: