Tuesday, August 14, 2007

1434 Last Night's Missed Call

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Last night's missed call was not from The Man. By the strangest coincidence, the Mensa visitor, Jeff, to whom I had given a ride to dinner last night, is from the same city where The Man is right now. So the missed call showed as having come from that city, because that's where Jeff's cell phone is registered, and he had called to make sure I remembered to pick him up.

Major coincidence.

Even stranger, I made a decision last night and took an action based partly on that call. When I discovered this morning that my assumptions were incorrect, I wondered if my decision would have been different had I known the true caller - and then almost immediately I got the confirmation I needed via a different route.

My head is spinning. It's just too much for my mind to handle. The Fates are not simply weaving my threads - they're doing macrame!
.

No comments: