Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1437 Veggies!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I've rediscovered something I'd forgotten.

I don't get enough fresh vegetables. I eat over half my meals out, and restaurants don't exactly concentrate on fresh vegetables. Salads don't do it, because they're mostly lettuce, which doesn't count.

I tried buying vegetables for the refrigerator, but after a while, I got tired of throwing out almost-full bags of spinach, broccoli, celery, carrots, heads of cabbage, onions, green beans, peppers, etc. when I've eaten a tiny bit and the rest goes mushy or yucky. They just don't sell "one person" amounts of vegetables.

Aha! But they DO!

I've rediscovered the small bags of "ready-cut" vegetables for stir-fry. The bag I'm snacking out of right now has snow peas, broccoli, julienne carrots, celeriac, and turnip, and purple cabbage. There's about three servings in the bag, and there are several different mixes available. Yeah, it's more expensive per pound, but I can eat it all before it gets icky, so in the long run, it's a big savings. And I'm eating my raw veggies!

I'm happy.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great idea.... stir fry ready cut veggies... for snacks .
chuck ferris