Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1436 Kitty Upate; Conspiracy

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I may have created a monster. Jasper loves me. He wants to rub against me constantly. I can't walk the seven steps across the laundry room because he's weaving around my ankles. I sit down and he climbs into my lap. That's ok, but he's gonna have to learn that it's not a good idea when I sit in the bathroom.

I was amazed that he has no fleas. He does have roundworms! He threw some up this morning. Six and seven inches long, white, and ugly. Luckily, the vet appointment is tomorrow morning. I'm surprised he has worms. He's putting on bone and fat at an amazing rate (I swear he's a third larger now than he was two weeks ago), and his fur is smooth and as shiny as a shorthair tabby ever gets.

He's been a food hog, attacks every dish like he'll never see the like again, which is understandable given his previous life as a hobo, but today he's not eating. Maybe the throwing up discombobulated him.

------------------------------

I spent several hours today watching this movie: http://zeitgeistmovie.com/.

It's two hours long, and I had a problem where it suddenly would stop and the indicator would go all the way to the end. I'd have to move the "needle" back to where it quit, then a second or two beyond that point to restart it. That "feature" was very annoying, but in the end it was more than worth it. You may not agree with the conclusions, but you have to admit it's very well done.

It's in three parts.

The first part is about Christianity, and how it is based on old religions. The movie traces the parallels. One spot that amused me, I think they were too tempted by something too easy - the similarity between "sun" and "son". Yeah, cute. But in the old languages, the word for "sun" and the word for "son" are not homonyms, folks. Oops. The rest, however, is not so easily shrugged off. And yes, there's a strong case for the purpose of organized religion being power and control of the masses. (Will you recognize George Carlin's voice in there?)

The second part is about 9/11, and the case for it having been an inside job, to create a unifying enemy (now that we don't have "The Commies" any more), and an excuse for war. It will make you think.

The third part is about the federal reserve bank (it isn't at all what you thought it was), and international banking cartels, their quest for world domination, and how they've engineered the deaths of hundreds of thousands to further their own agenda. It's scary.

If you have two hours, I recommend watching it.
.

No comments: