Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3223 CLASSmates, fellas, not classMATES!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In the United States, sex (and everything related to it) is an obsession; elsewhere, it's a fact.

--------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind finding some old high school or college classmates, so to further that end, I have a profile on Classmates.com, and through them have located a few old friends here and there.

I went to school in Benton for part of first grade through part of fifth grade, then to two schools in Canada, then back to Benton for eighth grade and part of ninth, then to the mountain for the rest of high school, then to college, then after some time teaching, to The Company.

So all those schools and The Company are listed as my "communities".

What really gets me is the huge number of guys who seem to think that Classmates.com is a dating site. There are guys (and it's always males) who were at one place or another so far before or after me that it's impossible that we ever met, let alone were friends, and yet they visit my profile over and over, and keep signing my Guestbook like they hope I'll visit their profile, and sometimes they even send me notes: "Hey! I think I remember you! Wanna get together some time?" Impossible, man. I was gone ten years before you even arrived.

It's very annoying. Flattering I guess, but annoying.
.

No comments: