Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2164 Razzelfrats!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well, for once we got exactly what was predicted. I've got three inches of slightly fluffy slush out there. It's important to clear it, because there are no warm days coming, in fact more snow is in the offing, and three inches of frozen solid slush will be a bit inconvenient. Especially if the fuel oil truck can't make it up. Stuff like that.

So I pulled out the snowthrower. The one that was very expensively rebuilt a few short weeks ago. It balked at starting. I had to wait a bit once after I flooded it, but then it got going and sounded fine.

Throwing slush is not fun. It throws it, well, plops it, right next to the cleared path, so you have to plop the same stuff multiple times, a few feet every path, until you get it off the drive. So it takes a while, but the snowthrower had always been able to handle it as long as I kept filling the gas tank.

Not this time. As soon as it hit the snow, it said
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAA
AAAaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**poot**"
Silence.

Every time.

Sigh. I guess I'll be parking at the end of the driveway for a while. I guess I'm lucky that the two trees by the end of the drive have already fallen.
.

No comments: