Sunday, December 14, 2008

2158 Too Much of a Good Thing

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Too much heat. Too many trucks.

The heat in the hotel room is one of those under-window units. Set at 65, with the fan on automatic, it runs constantly and throws heat constantly. I roasted. Set at 64, it runs constantly, and throws chilled air. I froze. Sigh.

As much as I appreciated the visiting electric company crews and their huge trucks:

...I did not appreciate them at 5:30 this morning when they started leaving. They didn't leave quietly. Imagine thirty trucks warming up right outside your window, while the crews are having breakfast. I vibrated.

(My new camera does have a night setting, but at 6 am I was incapable of finding it.)

It's a little after 7, and they have all left, all together with much backing-up beeping. I imagine they'll be convoying up to the Albany area, where I understand there are still thousands of dark cold streets.
.

No comments: