Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2163 Drought Thud

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I was going through some old emails, and found something I had read in late October, but it hadn't made it to here.

It was a letter to the editor from a woman who wanted to do away with daylight savings time, because it causes droughts. It's that extra hour of sun we get from daylight saving time. All that extra sun bakes the earth and evaporates the clouds.

She might have something there. Note that we get warmer in the spring, and colder in the fall, when DST starts and ends. Simple cause and effect, you know!

I had mentioned it to The Man in an email. His response:
"I agree 100%. There's also the shoe thing. I was buying larger shoes each year from the time I was 15 until I was 22. I stopped then, and now my feet stopped getting bigger. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner. I still buy my underwear bigger each year...."
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I started to add something, but Never Mind, as Emily Litella would have said.