Friday, April 25, 2008

1783 Tarot 3

Friday, April 25, 2008

I did a little research. I may be wrong on a lot of this, because my memory is not perfect.

She used the Thoth deck (although her website says she is not an advocate of Aleister Crowley) because it's beautiful. The Thoth deck has Disks instead of Coins. Here is the Thoth deck.

I believe she used the ten or eleven card Celtic Cross layout. Here is a description of a variation using ten cards.

The center card was the Knight of Disks. The knight shown in the online versions has a white face. I am all but certain the knight I saw today was completely black, but I'm pretty certain it was the Thoth deck, because I remember several of the cards, like the Queen of Cups, 7 of Wands, and whatever that is in the picture labeled Atu XXI, universe.

Now it gets weird. Remember that the reading at the renn faire turned out not to be for me, but for my daughter? When the woman read the cards today, she naturally assumed it was for me. In the Celtic Cross layout, the first card drawn, the bottom center card, "denotes the querent (the person for whom the cards are being read) and their situation."

I don't think this reading was for me. I think it was for him. She wouldn't have made that connection.

That changes things a bit. It seems to fit better. I am also aware that there is a situation developing, clouds on the horizon, that is likely to put heavy emotional and spiritual demands on him.

But I knew that without Tarot.

What is my role in this? Perhaps to remind him, when the task is difficult, of the strength at his command, the mind and will to get through it, and of prosperity maintained. It will be hard, but the overall result is consistently positive.

But nobody needs to tell me to do that.
.

No comments: