Thursday, April 24, 2008

1779 Tarot?

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I've got something very strange going on in my head. Yesterday I had a sudden very strong urge to get a Tarot reading. I almost heard the "plunk" of the e-urge landing in the in-box in my head. Today it got almost overwhelming. I even did an internet search to find a reader in this area.

Duh?

I don't "do" Tarot, or palm reading, or crystals, or whatever. I don't even buy aromatherapy. This is very strange. I don't know what question I'm supposed to be looking for an answer to, and if I did, I'm not sure I want some outside prediction influencing how I look at things and coloring my decisions.

I've had Tarot readings before.

The first was in the early 80s. The husband of a friend had been studying Tarot, and wanted to practice on me. He was very specific, practically named names, and I wrote down everything he said, and then promptly lost the sheet of paper. Two years later, almost to the day, I found the paper. He had been dead on. Everything.

The second was in the mid-nineties, by Daughter. She was a bit less specific. I wrote it all down, and promptly lost the sheet of paper. I found it again two years later, almost to the day. Although the predictions were not as specific as the first, they were the kind of things that either would happen or wouldn't, not the sort of things you could bend the interpretation to fit. She had been dead on. Everything.

The third was at a renaissance faire in Woodstock about six years ago. I saw a woman sitting at a table under an awning, and I liked her looks. I paid $10 for a fifteen minute reading. Something in the cards fascinated her. She ended up reshuffling and redoing three times, and I was there more than an hour, for the $10. Part of the problem she was having was that the reading wasn't for me. It was for Daughter. The first part, again very specific, came true within four months. The remainder is pending.

So today the urge is strong, and as the evening has gone on, I'm getting the feeling that it must be tomorrow. It's really a strong feeling.

It's like someone is trying to get a message to me. I don't know what I want to do. If I do, it's not like I would lose anything except a few dollars. If I don't, I'll wonder what I may have missed.

I guess I have to.

Phooey.

-------------------------------

Later: Ok, I know the question will come up - what could be so specific? In the ren faire reading, the woman said that it's about a young woman, very close to me in every way, probably a daughter, do I have a daughter? Yes. She's going on a visit somewhere far away, another country, very soon. Her purpose for going is to make decision. The decision could be life-altering. She will see something there that will disturb her greatly, and it will make her very sad. But her decision will be the right one.

Daughter was engaged at the time to a young man from another country. He had to return to his country, and it was unlikely that he would be able to return here permanently. Within four months of the reading, Daughter went to visit him. She came home unhappy, and without the ring, at her own choosing.

A few months later she met Hercules.

How's that for close?
.

5 comments:

Chris said...

My tarot card reader told me you would write this post.

~~Silk said...

I did some editing. You might want to catch the postscript.

Becs said...

There's a spring carnival here and there used to be "fortune tellers". I went to them two years in a row. I have no idea what they were about because they got absolutely everything wrong! They kept insisting that I would have three children, which never happened and never can happen.

On the other hand, I had an experience where I went to a "psychic" and she ended up getting everything right - about a guy I was working with who was giving me a great deal of agita. She got his future, where he would be traveling to, where he would end up moving and on me? Nothing.

~~Silk said...

Becs, I don't know if you'll come back to read this comment, but have you ever miscarried? That's a child.

Becs said...

Only once and that's not even a 'for sure'. I was fairly sure I was but hadn't gone to the doctor.