Friday, April 25, 2008

1782 Tarot 2

Friday, April 25, 2008

So, the weird Tarot urge. Yesterday I located several readers. All welcomed walk-ins, and the Hunk was working on my yard today, so I wasn't sure what time I'd finally get on the road, so I didn't call ahead.

I went first to the one in Kingston (actually Ulster, I think). There were two signs in the window. One said "Open daily, 10 am to 10 pm". The other said "Closed".

So I headed for the second reader, in Woodstock, and she took me right in.

I chose cards from the spread, and she laid them out. She asked why I was there, and I said "I don't know. I just sorta got an urge to do it." No, there's no particular question I want to ask. You tell me why I'm here.

I chose the cards and she laid them out. One card indicated weakness and confusion, but she said the position indicated the past, and she pushed it aside. All the remaining cards were very strong very positive cards, showing prosperity and a spiritual calling. I have a job to do, something I have to accomplish or share or give. It's in the spiritual area. A very strong spiritual calling, I will or should share something spiritual, spiritual gifts, with others. Mind and will are strong. Intuition is strong. Go with them.

So, no definite "beware" message "from" anyone, which is what had worried me.

The card in the center of the array freaked me out. I don't know the cards, and I was scribbling fast, and a bit freaked when we got to that card, so now I can't read my writing. But she said it was THE dominant card.

It was a knight. It indicated power. Lots of it. I think my notes also say something about night/might, and disks. Or something.

What freaked me out is that the knight was completely black. Armor black, visor closed. Very large and powerful looking. Smack dab in the middle of the array.

My man is very dark, I have often called him my dark knight, and when he has frustration at work, I tease him that his helmet plumes are looking frazzled.

It was a bit disconcerting to find him, the black knight, dominating the center of my array urging the sharing of spiritual gifts.
.

1 comment:

the queen said...

Ah yes, I knew that learning to read the tarot in sixth grade would be handy for something except telling Mimi DiShino she would be a homewrecker.

So, I think it must have been the Knight of Pentacles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pents12.jpg

if she was using the most common deck:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rider-Waite_tarot_deck

For more, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suit_of_Coins_%28tarot%29

Still, it could have been the knight of anything - they are all pretty dark. But the fact it was the knight of pentacles is telling. "Pentacles refer to material body or possessions." Hmm. (This is where you would give the tarot ready a hint.)