Thursday, January 24, 2008

1654 Sick, sick, sick

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I went to YouTube.com today, looking for a music video of "Fingers", and accidentally discovered an animated series called "Salad Fingers".

It's sick. Absolutely bizarre. The product of a warped mind. It's also addictive. You can't watch just one of the episodes, you have to follow it through. The first one, in fact, is a "huh", but as the clips progress and you get to know the character, you start to feel compassion. (I wish I hadn't watched the one about nettles, #3.) Number 7 is so sad, maybe because you finally have some inkling of what's going on.

I wanted to share it with someone, but almost everyone I know already thinks I'm sick in the head, so I finally sent a note to ... ah, I can't say who because she wouldn't want anyone to know how sick she is.

Anyway, she responded that yes, she and her husband had discovered Salad Fingers, and in fact, he had bought her a pair of panties (available on Cafe Press) with a mug shot of Salad Fingers on it, and a quote from one of the clips: "I like it when the red water comes out."

That about killed me.

A least I know I'm not the sickest person I know.
.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I need to go check on my spoons. Be right back.