Monday, January 21, 2008

1651 Looking for Lacing

Monday, January 21, 2008

Way back in high school, I used to know a way of lacing high boots that came out looking like a ladder up the front of the boot (made rectangles, with horizontal and vertical bars). I believe it was called paratrooper lacing, because paratroopers used it, because it stayed uniformly tight throughout under any conditions. It used only slightly more lace length than the regular "x" lacing.

I used to use it on my ice skates, so they wouldn't get that pinch at the ankle.

Now I'm looking at ice skates again, and I want to lace up them that way.

I don't remember how it went, and a Google search just gets me paratrooper boots, ice skates, and laces, but no ladder-style methods.

Anyone know how to do it?

If I ever find a guide, I'll update here. It really is great for ice skates, and tall flat-heel boots.

Later: Aha! Found it! Oddly enough, it's called Ladder Lacing, and is recommended for paratrooper boots and ice skates. lots of interesting lacing on that site. The section on tying the top bow, however, leaves me wondering....
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Even paratroopers need to feel pretty.