Saturday, November 14, 2009

2662 Feeling blah

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Albert Einstein: A problem cannot be solved at the same level
at which it was created.

--------------------------------

I was supposed to have quite a busy day today. I had signed up with a Meetup singles group, for a walk at a beautiful and scenic local park, followed by drinks and then dinner at the Beekman Arms. I love that park, and I'll always leap at a meal at the Beekman.

However, it rained, so the walk was canceled. And the Beekman is very busy on weekends, and when the group had grown to more than 40 people signed up, the drinks and dinner was moved to another restaurant, which happened to be one I don't like.

I went ahead and set my hair, did my face, got dressed, and then decided I don't feel all that well. I feel achy and generally blah. (That's been happening disturbingly often lately.) I went to the website and canceled, pleading illness. Well, I didn't notice until AFTER I'd canceled that a horde of people had also canceled. It's down from the original 40-ish to somewhat fewer than 15, and ALL of them said they weren't feeling well. Either there's a lot of illness going around, or my excuse now sounds suspicious.

The organizer has a perfect right to be pissed.

Sigh.

I did go to the doctor's office today. I have that distinctive odor to my urine again, and I checked with the sticks you piddle on, and the stick said positive (a little light pink, and a lot of deep purple), so I called this morning and they saw me this afternoon. However, the urine test at the doctor's office didn't show anything (too dilute?), so they're going to culture it. They're starting the antibiotic anyway.

I never have any of the usual symptoms of a UTI beyond the odor. No urgency, no burning, no abdominal pain. The doctor pounded on my back and pressed on my abdomen, and nothing. Of course, the internet scared me. The tiredness and body aches I've had lately say kidney failure. But my blood cell counts are fine, and I have no edema anywhere, so probably not.

But there sure is something going on. I wish I knew what.

---------------------------

Sort of a side issue, possibly related, I look at photographs of me from two years ago, and compare them to this year's photos, and I've aged a lot. My face has gotten remarkably saggy in just two years. I have a very drawn look. The Man has also noticeably aged.
.

No comments: