Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2658 Yesterday and Today

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"Kneeling is not a position of strength,
and begging is not an effective tactic."
-- Clarence Thomas --

---------------------------------

I went to a movie last night, "The Men Who Stare at Goats". Having seen the promos, I was looking forward to it. It was a bit disappointing. It started out really good, with an interesting premise, and absolutely outrageous statements delivered by a deadpan George Clooney (he's very good at that). I must have said a half dozen times to myself "The Man will love this...." But then it died. Just petered away. It was like the writer and director lost interest.

After the movie, seven of us went to an Albany pub for dinner and drinks.

Today I got a call for Habitat for Humanity. I'm a volunteer, but they haven't done any projects in this area since the houses I worked on a few years (two? three?) ago. I've been a little frustrated by that, and I guess that's how I found myself agreeing to fund raising. Of all the things I like doing least in this world, fund raising is at the bottom. I can't ask people for money. I would happily tape a house full of sheetrock and paint all the ceilings before that. Sigh.

I was supposed to go to dinner this evening, but I'd have to leave before 5, and when I looked up at the clock it was 5 pm, and I wasn't washed or dressed yet. I called and canceled.

Just as well. I still have to straighten out a few medical insurance snafus. It looks like the lab double-billed the insurance company for the last two blood tests. Same date, same procedures, same charges, but different invoice numbers. Even weirder, the insurance company allowed and paid different amounts on the second submissions from the first. Also, the lab is dunning me (Overdue! Collection agency!) on some invoices that I have no record of, neither a bill from them nor an explanation of benefits from the insurance company. I need to get the ducks in line (or as The Man laughs, get the ducks in a bag) before I make some calls tomorrow.
.

No comments: