Monday, November 09, 2009

2656 I'm not ill?

Monday, November 9, 2009

Gaston Bachelard, scientist and philosopher:
Even a minor event in the life of a child
is an event of that child's world
and thus a world event.

------------------------


I don't understand what's going on with my body. I've been going in and out of hot spots in my throat, body aches, sneezing, powerful headaches, not all at the same time - things take turns - and so on for the past two months, but it's all very brief, alternating with feeling fine.

Yesterday I wanted to go to an Arabic dinner (for charity), but I had no energy whatsoever. The temperature outside was 67, and 74 in the house, but by late afternoon I was freezing. I put on a hooded sweatshirt over a turtleneck, but that didn't help my hands and nose, and by early evening I had the hood up and my hands tucked into the pockets.

By the time I went to bed, my body ached and I had that heavy wheezy feeling in the chest and the dry feeling in the back of my nose and throat. I took my temperature, and it was 100.2. I was sure I was going to be very sick today. I wished I had paid the bills and deposited the latest checks, because I knew it wouldn't get done for a while. I wondered if I'd be capable of calling 911 if it came to that.

I woke up several times during the night, freezing and feeling awful.

I woke this morning a little before 8, and was surprised to find that I feel fine. More energy than I've had in a long time. There's a lingering pain in the top front of my right shoulder, like it's been bruised, but that's all. Even my sinuses feel good, dry and empty.

I wish I knew what's going on.
.

No comments: