Saturday, September 26, 2009

2601 UTI and Khosla

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The question Diane Sawyer (interviewed on Oprah) would most like to ask the Pope:
"What do you think Jesus would think of the way you dress?"

--------------------------------

I have a urinary tract infection. This is the second one this year, the third known in the past four years.

I say "known" because I didn't have symptoms for the first two, they were found in a standard physical, so who knows how many symptomless infections I've had in the past. The only symptoms with this one were that strange vitamin B odor in the morning and cloudiness.

I know I'm not overdosing on B, so I looked up urine odor on the internet, found that it can be a symptom of infection, bought some test strips, and checked it out. Positive for both white blood cells and nitrite. Saw the doctor today, got an antibiotic.

------------------------

Going to the doctor's office I was surprised to find the village full of people. I've never seen so many people on the sidewalks. The village has a few street fairs a year, but they've never been so crowded. Good weather, I guess.



------------------------

The movie tonight, in that nice private theater in Valatie, was "Khosla Ka Ghosla", an Indian low-budget film about a middle-class family who, having been cheated out of the father's life savings, mounts a sting operation against a very scary gangster. It was cute, funny, realistic, and you really get to know the characters. I highly recommend it. You can watch it at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-732055622465682907#.

It was in Hindi with a smattering of English. I was amused that when the actor said "Oh, shit!", the subtitle said "Oh my God!", and "bastard" became "scoundrel" in the subs.

Driving home, I saw many deer on the side of the road, or crossing in front of me. They're very active now. Soon it will be mating season, and the bucks will lose all sense. Drive carefully.

No comments: