Thursday, September 24, 2009

2597 Phone calls are rarely good.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Andy Rooney: If there is life on other planets,
they probably won't believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God.

------------------------------

It's warm outside today, almost 80, and getting warm in the house.  This weekend we're supposed to get frost at night.  It's no wonder everyone is getting sick.

The Man says he's got it, something, flu perhaps. Taking Tylenol Severe. 

I was a little worried that I'd been tempting fate, exposing myself to strange germs, by going to so many dinners and movies with relative strangers, but so far I've had only an off and on slightly sore throat.  I guess so much exposure to germs and filth in my house builds the immune system.  (Crossing fingers.)

I had volunteered to work four hours in the tourism booth at the Saugerties garlic festival next Sunday.  I just got a call that I am to work only from 1 to 2 pm.  Duh?  I'm to take the volunteer sign-in book when I leave, so I guess a county employee will be taking over at 2. 

That bugs me, because I'll be driving almost two hours to volunteer for one hour.  Don't know why they couldn't extend the earlier volunteer an hour, or have the employee come in earlier.  I am annoyed.  There are other things I could do with a Sunday afternoon.  Maybe I should have spoken up, but the woman who does the scheduling is elderly, gets confused easily, and if you get her started she'll natter on forever.

Bah.  The only good thing about it is that garlic is supposed to protect against viral infection.


No comments: