Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2314 Tattoo Horror

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I found another interesting time-waster web site: Horrible Tattoos. It's over 500 photos of, well, horrible tattoos.

Actually some of them are pretty well done, but you have to wonder why on earth someone would put that, permanently, on their body, like, oh, say, this one:

Some of them are very very badly done.

I wonder what one does when what seemed like a nice design comes out horrible - like when words were misspelled, or it's just plain ugly. Some of the worst are renditions of photographs, like when the adored baby comes out looking like a lopsided smurf, or your late wife appears to have been a bearded sharp-toothed cannibal, with bones in her hair and a strange nose:
And this was one of the better-done photos.

The post owner thinks this next one is a terrible tattoo, but I kind of like it. I think it's funny without being embarrassing. It's something I might even consider:

I don't know how this one got into the "horrible" category. It's certainly well done, and it's beautiful. Maybe it's the finishing touches at the bottom, on the bottom. I may be wrong, but it looks like there might be implants for the nipples. Agh!

I question whether that last one is actually a tattoo. It looks like it could be paint.

----------------------

In other areas, I'm getting tired of reading about something being a "right of passage". That's what a ticket on a cruise gets you. If you mean something one goes through as a step in one's growth, that's a "rite of passage".

----------------------

When The Man calls, it shows on my caller id as "unknown caller". So when the phone rang this evening, and it said "unknown caller" on the screen, I answered it immediately.

It was my lunch date.

I hope this does not become a habit.
.

5 comments:

Donna in Alabama said...

That last one was a great idea until he was sent to prison! They reaaaallllyy liked it there!

Becs said...

Ewwwww! Ewwww! Ewwww!

Murphy Jacobs said...

That last one is paint -- reflections on the hair where there is no skin reflections. Tattoos typically don't do that, and I've yet to see a true metallic tattoo pigment. I have a lot of friends who are addicted to ink (one is a tattoo artist) so I'd have to check to be sure, but I've seen some VERY good body painting jobs, and this looks just like it. The implants on the nipples might just be glued on for the photo.

We can hope, because otherwise, OW.

Anonymous said...

I love the last one. Unfortunately, it's definitely body paint. White NEVER shows up on skin like that. White tattoo ink is practically translucent, and wouldn't be so bright. And the paint has a sheen to it that tattoo ink wouldn't. It's also very superficial looking to me. Tattoos actually look like they're under the skin, which they are, and this isn't. But it's certainly beautiful!

Ashley Rosa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.