Saturday, March 14, 2009

2308 I haven't the faintest idea...

... what I did today, Saturday, March 14.

Saturday. I should have gone to the recycle center, but I didn't. I got up early enough, but ... didn't. I don't know why. I've got four bags of bottles, plastic, and cans, five bags of paper, and a two-foot stack of cardboard. I can't move in the kitchen.

At about 4 pm I crawled into bed, fully dressed except for shoes, hoping for maybe a rare nap, and got three words filled in on a crossword puzzle when Daughter called. So I got out of bed to answer the phone, then didn't go back.

I forgot to eat today.

I tried to make egg salad at about 10 pm, and got an unopened jar of mayonnaise out of the pantry, but then threw it out when I noticed it looked kind of yellow and discovered the date on it was 2003. So I tried tartar sauce, but the date on that was 2005, which I didn't notice until after I'd mixed it with my last two boiled eggs and decided they tasted funny. I should have just used french salad dressing. I think that's only maybe a couple months old, and I like sliced boiled eggs with french dressing dribbled on them. I'm disappointed.

Maybe I'll make some toast. Wish me luck with the peanut butter.
.

1 comment:

Murphy Jacobs said...

I've had whole weeks like that.