Sunday, March 08, 2009

2300 I'll trade...

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yesterday it was warm, over 60 F, with dull white skies. But warm. So I thought I'd go for a walk. As soon as I opened the door, the rain came.

Today it is warm, over 60 F, with spotty blue and white sky, so I thought I'd go for a walk. But the sun never came out from behind the clouds, and the breeze was sharp, and it chilled me.

I'd happily trade 20 of those degrees for bright sun.

------------------------

I read somewhere yesterday that "depression is actually anger without enthusiasm".

Interesting thought. Whoever said it may be correct in many cases. I've known a few people diagnosed and treated for clinical depression (Ex#2, FW, a few others), and they all carried enormous amounts of unacknowledged and unexpressed anger.

Don't jump on me, I'm not saying all, but it seems to have been true in my experience. It also says nothing about which came first. But, for me, it is true that the folks I have known who presented as depressed were also filled to overflowing with anger, the genesis usually anger at the unfairness of institutions or systems that they had been taught they must respect (which anger they were not allowed to recognize, let alone express, because it was "bad" to do so) and then it spread to all aspects of their life.

Justified anger, reasonably and enthusiastically expressed, and recognized and accepted by others, is healthy.

Ahah! This blog IS my therapy!

-------------------------

We should all be bankruptcy lawyers.

Whenever someone is put in charge of dispersing assets, whether the executor of an estate or the administrator of a bankruptcy, the court has to approve their fees, to prevent raiding of the estate or of the assets of the company.

Handling a bankruptcy is detailed work, hard work. But I don't see where it's so much harder than other legal services. So what would make a bankruptcy law firm decide that it deserves $1100 per hour, per lawyer? Holy @#$%^&*!!

The judge decided it was excessive, too, and is forcing them to accept only a piddling $925 per hour. Per lawyer. And assistants, no doubt.

What could possibly make them worth that much per hour?

[The above link is to http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a9IvitqCh_ZQ&refer=home. It's safe.]
.

No comments: