Thursday, January 15, 2009

2216 Hearse and Tea

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Suzie the Aerio is now at the automotive spa getting an eyelash transplant. The rental place gave me a new black PT Cruiser. Nice interior, all kinds of fancy options, but it looks like a hearse!. There's something strange about the steering, too. Normally I handle the steering wheel very little, very steady. This thing feels like it needs constant correction. I felt like my tail was wagging all the way down the road.

I had a cup of tea in a mid-scale Italian family restaurant last night that pretty much freaked me out. I was with friends who were eating, but all I wanted was tea. It was one Lipton teabag in a mug (not even a real teacup) of not quite hot enough water, into which I added one packet of sweetner. No refills offered.

$1.95

Were they kidding me? And I'm supposed to tip, too?

I don't understand.
.

1 comment:

Donna in Alabama said...

Do they charge for water where you live? Only if it's bottled water are you charged here. That would make me want to bring my own tea bag and just ask for hot water!!