Sunday, January 11, 2009

2210 Snow Sunday

Sunday, January 11, 2009

My car's windshield wipers are messed up. A few weeks ago, on a Saturday afternoon when I planned to drive to New Jersey in messy "winter mix" weather the next day, I accidentally tore the rubber when they were frozen down and I pulled them to release them from the ice. I had to go buy new wipers before the trip.

Since then when I know frozen stuff is coming, I raise the wipers so they're up in the air and won't get frozen down.

But, I'm short, and it's difficult for me to reach the passenger-side wiper. I think I may have twisted it one of these times trying to get it up or down. Now suddenly they aren't working. Sometimes one or the other doesn't go up at all, sometimes one goes halfway while the other goes all the way, and they ignore each other, work randomly, and crash into each other. Something inside is slipping or something. I hope the weather and the roads stay dry until I can get it fixed.

I cleared the driveway this afternoon from last night's storm. The snowthrower still isn't working right. It'll start, but I have to keep the choke almost full open or it stalls, and it doesn't have much power. It if tip it up even an inch or so to get the hood off the ground to turn it, it threatens to stall. And if it stalls away from the reach of the electric cord to restart it, I'd be in trouble, because I'm too short to pull the starter cord all the way, and it's too heavy for me to push it up the driveway myself.

I guess I'll have to have it checked out again, but I have to find a snow-free week, because I really don't want to be without it when it snows.

Yeah, Mother is unhappy today.
.

No comments: