Sunday, January 11, 2009

2211 Awards

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The 2008 Darwin Awards are here. Enjoy.

Also, there's two days left to vote for your favorite blogs in the 2008 Weblog Awards polls. I've voted for a few of my favorites (Michael Totten in the Mideast and Africa category, and PostSecret in I forget which category, and Cake Wrecks in Food, for example). But better than voting is the opportunity to check out the nominees, which theroetically should be some of the best of the best.

In the category "Best Hidden Gem" (described as blogs no body much knows about) I found "Dizzying Intellect", which I've spent much of this evening enjoying.

If you want to find some good blogs, wander on over there to the awards link above. When you click on a category, it'll take you to the nominees list and voting page for that category. Links to the individual blogs are toward the bottom of that screen. (Unfortunately, you can't see which ones are highest scoring until after you vote, but so many thousand votes are out there already that a random vote won't hurt.)
.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

THanks. DIdn't know about this at all, and I've checked it out - though I'll have to go back when I have time to be lost for hours on that kind of thing. I spend too much time reading blogs! Will look out for the one you recommended too.