Monday, December 01, 2008

2142 New Template

Monday, December 1, 2008

Well, I bit the bullet and upgraded to Blogger's new template format. I'd been putting it off for months because I was afraid I'd lose the links and gadgets over there on the right. I think I figured it out.

There are a few things I'd like to change. I'm not too thrilled with the dark blue background, for one, but the dohickey for changing colors doesn't seem to allow a choice on that, and if I pick a different basic template now, I'd have to do all the links and gadgets all over again. I think. I'm not too sure. And the text area seems narrower than the old format. Not sure how I feel about that.

Well. It's done for now.

-----------------------

Later - Tried another template, got rid of that dark blue. The pinks still aren't muted enough, but if I can get the code for the colors I want elsewhere I now know where to plug them in. Eventually.
.

2 comments:

~~Silk said...

I already don't like this. I want a muted grayed pinkish mauvey kinda soft color. Last time, I could shade the colors on a sort of color wheel thing. This time, they offer this, this, or that paint chip, take it or leave it. Like a hardware store of fifty years ago.

Christine Dempsey said...

I like the new template. On my computer at home, the pink is much brighter than it is here on the computer at "work". But it's nice. Thanks for reminding me. I think I might play with the templates on my LJ today while I'm here wasting time... ::wicked smirk::