Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1973 Weekend Escape, Friday

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We flew to Minneapolis on Friday, arriving in mid-afternoon. The Man had reserved two rental cars, one a sedan and the other a sport convertible. He'd decide which to choose depending on the weather when we arrived. I was a little disappointed when he decided on the sedan (it was a bit cool), because the convertible happened to be one on my "possibilities" list. He didn't know that. Tsk.

He took me on a driving tour of the city, showed me around. Everything seems so new. There are some really nice apartment and condo buildings. I don't much care for apartments, but I could actually see myself living in many of those. (Well, ok, a summer home!)

I'm always impressed with the accommodations The Man provides. This time it wasn't a suite, didn't have a Jacuzzi or a fireplace, or a second bathroom upstairs like other places we've stayed. It was just a large room with the usual sitting area and desk. BUT! It was on the 30th floor, in a wedge that sort of stuck out from the main bulk of the building. The two "wedge" walls were windows, about 30 feet of glass altogether on the two sides, coming to a point, with a wonderful view of the city. Amazing. It included a complete room service breakfast each morning. Photos tomorrow, I promise.

Dinner at the hotel, and then a walk to an NFL-ware store a few blocks from the hotel. It was one of The Man's favorite stores, and he was very disappointed that it was going out of business. He wanted to find something for me to wear to the game on Saturday, but they had very little left, so he just bought a few hats to add to his collection.

Drinks at the hotel bar, then collapse.
.

No comments: