Monday, August 25, 2008

1972 Minneapolis

Monday, August 25, 2008

I was in Minneapolis this past weekend. I drove south Thursday evening to stay closer to JFK airport that night, met The Man Friday morning, and we flew to Minneapolis Friday, arriving before dinnertime. Got home this morning.

I love Minneapolis. The "city" part is small. As you approach it on the highway from the airport, it looks like someone tossed a handful of building seeds into a field, and watered them well after they sprouted. Tall beautiful shining buildings, clean streets, friendly people, plunk in a small cluster in the middle of the flatlands.

The photo above is me, and Mary Tyler Moore tossing her hat. She was on the corner half a block from our hotel. This is a cellphone photo taken by The Man. I had taken a disposable digital camera, so there will be other photos when I take the camera in to the pharmacy and have them put on a disk (you can't download from disposables yourself).

The purpose for the trip was a pre-season Vikings game (Steelers) on Saturday, and a visit to Mall of America.

More in subsequent posts. Right now, thanks to Delta Airlines, I'm dog tired.
.

2 comments:

Becs said...

You are so very, very Mary Tyler Moore.

~~Silk said...

In the early 70s, during those years of psychotherapy, Dr. K. asked me if I had any female mentors or heroines. I said, "yes, Mary Tyler Moore."

He said, "oh, single woman, working in a newsroom?"

And I said "no, not Mary Richards. She's a wimp. I mean Mary Tyler Moore, chief of MTM Productions, even with type 1 diabetes. She's a tough lady, and all lady."