Saturday, December 15, 2007

1595 Reaction

Saturday, December 15, 2007

I had posted the "Billy's Balloon" clip from entry #1591 on a Mensa humor site. This is the response from another member:

I fail to see the humor of children being beaten up and tortured. I found this video appalling and nothing to laugh about. It's quite sad, actually.

Sheesh.

Am I wrong, or is she whacked? The funny isn't the kids getting beat up, it's the IDEA of vicious balloons!

Well, if she hated that one, this one might send her over the edge:
http://billyblob.com/cartoons/bumble-beeing.html

Update: I've got reactions to "Billy's Balloon" from six more people (people who don't know me personally), all of whom quite seriously think there's something very wrong with me.
.

3 comments:

the queen said...

I loved that video. I'm linking to it someday soon.

They are being beaten up by balooooooooooooooooooooooons. Woman is whack.

Kate said...

I wouldn't worry about it. I thought the idea of attack balloons was funny. I never would have assumed you were promoting violence against small children. When random strangers are reading your opinions, I think that sooner or later someone is going to get accusatory no matter what you say. It's hard not to take it personally though.

Chris said...

I found it ironic that as I am reading this post, Dr. Phil is doing a special on judgemental men and women, no joking at all.

I found the clip to be amusing although he took it a little long.

Shame on you Silk.....toturing and beating children ;)

Billy sure is lucky he wasn't listening to the song 99 Red Balloons, that would have gotten ugly :)