Sunday, December 09, 2007

1584 Kitty Update

Sunday, December 9, 2007

I mentioned a few posts back that Jasper likes to empty grocery bags, and had progressed to emptying kitchen cabinets.

His water dish is one of those water-cooler-like units, with the inverted jug that keeps a bowl filled. Two days ago he emptied the entire jug onto the laundry room floor, one paw-splash at a time. (Splash splash splash glurk glurk glurk splash splash glurk glurk ....)

Today I walked into a bathroom and discovered him tail-up in the toilet, splashing away, attempting to empty it onto the floor I suppose.

The kid needs more toys.

----------------------------

I didn't get much sleep last night. Somewhere in the house, something beeped every few minutes.

It wasn't loud enough to be a smoke or CO detector, but it was loud enough, and worrisome enough, to keep me awake. My right ear is dulled by old rifle range stupidities, so it's difficult for me to locate small sounds when they're intermittent. It sounded at first like it was in my bedroom.

I tried to sleep through it, but it worried and frustrated me too much.

I finally pinned the sound to the new cell phone, which was in my purse, at the other end of the house. I had left it on, and one of the new functions is that in the wee hours of the morning, it attempts to back up the directory. It was having some kind of difficulty, and was attempting to draw my attention to an error message.

Thanks, Verizon. If you're going to do something that might result in beeping complaints, maybe you should do it at a more reasonable hour? (Yeah, I checked. I don't think I can change the back up time.)

-----------------------------

For anyone with SiteMeter, I'm coming to you from Phoenix, Arizona, today.
.

No comments: