Friday, July 13, 2007

1374 No Explosions

Friday, July 13, 2007

It was almost exactly two years ago that I went to dinner and a movie with an old friend, thinking that it was platonic, and discovered during the evening that it was "a date", my first since Jay had died. That evening started an explosive chain reaction that almost destroyed my sanity.

Tonight I went out for dinner and a movie with an old friend, planning to have a nice platonic evening (ironically the same theater, by the way), and I discovered during the evening that he wanted to call it "a date".

I'd like to keep him close, an intimate friend, but I don't want any romance. That's a good way to lose a friend. I prefer not to lose him as a friend. I'm two years older now. We'll see if I've learned anything.
.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Maybe you should start having your dinner companions sign a waiver stating that they acknowledge it is not a date, LOL.

Don't blame them....it's not their fault you are alluring, charming, and attractive:)

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

Becs said...

Sorry, Silk, someone of the opposite sex talking about going out with me on a Friday evening for dinner and a movie is a date.

... Not that I've had much experience with that....

~~Silk said...

Well, this guy and I do meet for dinner together, perhaps more than occasionally. And yeah, I guess those were dates, in a way. But somehow, last night it felt like A DATE. There was a different dynamic.