Tuesday, June 26, 2007

1328 Deported?

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Today I wanted to download something, and the web site told me I couldn't have it, because they can download only to the United States. Huh? There was nowhere on the site for me to tell them where I am. I assume they get it from maybe the ISP location or something, like SiteMeter does? But that should say USA. I don't understand.

So a little later I went to another site, and the next page after the home page popped up in some Germanic-looking language. Well, that narrows it down a little, wither I have been deported, I mean. Again, they didn't ask where I am. They assumed.

My new broadband hookup seems to get whatever connection it can. When I tell SiteMeter to log my own visits to my blog, it has shown me variously in Fresno, Chicago, Annapolis, Boston, all over the country, ... but not out of the country.

I wonder where I am today, exactly?
.

No comments: