Monday, June 25, 2007

1325 Into the Fray Once More?

Monday, June 25, 2007

Ever notice how a lot of the folks who show up at the Idol or Inventor tryouts are social misfits? I wonder what that means - both that they show up with such frequency, and that we enjoy watching them so much.

Actually, that explains it.

------------------------------

Somebody mentioned the personality test on eharmony, one of the few dating sites I hadn't tried back when I was doing that. I'm a sucker for those tests, so I checked it out. Unfortunately, you have to register to take the test, and I was feeling flush (and a bit neglected by The Man - he warned me that had been a problem in his past relationships, you'd think he'd learn something from that), so I did.

The test results were neither extraordinary nor illuminating, so I wandered away. Only to find my alternate email id, the next morning, chock full of "matches". Sixteen of them. And growing. Ack! What do I do now?

Four of them rejected me right off, most for distance, but the guy who checked the "no chemistry" and "differing values" choices kinda hurt my feelings. (Chemistry? Sheesh. Must be my photo, huh?)

One of them "initiated communication" right away. Hmmmm. I really don't want to get involved in this right now. On the other hand, the eharmony process (controlled communication) is new and different, and I am curious. He chose and sent six multiple-choice questions from a list provided by eharmony, for me to answer. Then I get to choose questions for him.

Maybe this isn't fair of me, since I'm not really looking, but ... curiosity rules. I answered the questions, and sent him a set.

I'm not going to "initiate communications" with anyone, but I think I'll follow this one through. Just to see how it goes. (Although there is that one guy in Beltsville, MD, who sounds interesting....)

Am I bad?
.

3 comments:

Becs said...

Of course you're not bad. You and R have no commitment or even an 'understanding'. Do you know if he's dating other women? If he is, than the field is still yours to play, madame.

Even if he isn't and there hasn't been a "Well, you know, you're the only person I'm seeing these days" type of comment, rock on.

~~Silk said...

Becs - Oh, no, I'm not worried about that part. It's that I'm "leading on" some guy I have no intention of acually meeting, just for my own amusement. That seems bad.
Insensitive.

Becs said...

You never know. It might be that one of these guys intrigues you enough to meet, at least for coffee.