Thursday, May 24, 2007

1268 Thursday, Travel

Thursday, May 24, 2007


Ran around like a headless chicken today, trying to finish up everything before leaving for the weekend.

My ATM card had disappeared a few days ago. I wasn't worried about it, figured it had to be in the car (fell out of purse on one of those occasions when the purse went flying off the seat) on the floor, under the seat, between whatevers, or IN the purse in a strange spot, or mixed in with the mail, or ... wherever.

It had become more and more critical that I find it, I mean, going out of town and all that.... So I made a list of all the places it could be, and then checked every one of them. You know how something is always the "last place you look"? (Of course, because after you find it you don't look anywhere else.) Well, I always make lists of where to look, and it's always the last place on the list. Even when I randomize the order, every place but one is checked off before I find whatever I'm looking for.

Oh, well. My purse got cleaned out and organized, both vehicles got cleaned, all the mail that had piled up in the vehicles and inside the front door got sorted and filed before I found the ATM card. It all needed doing anyway.

I didn't get out the door until 6:15 pm, and got through the village before I realized I'd forgotten the power cord for the laptop. Back home, get cord. Back on road at 7:00 pm. There was almost no traffic the whole way. Amazing.

I am now in a Hilton in East Bunswick, NJ. The hotel is impressive, best lobby I've seen in a while. My room is on the 14th floor, and it's HUGE! It won't meet The Man's requirements, though. No Jaccuzzi, no refrigerator, no microwave. But I've got the requisite five pillows, a great view, and IT'S HUGE!

He's going to pick me up tomorrow morning (probably actually around noon), then off to Maryland. I'll be leaving my car here, returning Sunday night.
.

3 comments:

Christine Dempsey said...

I was wondering where you've been. This post didn't show up to me until this evening - Monday 5/28/07.

~~Silk said...

Yeah, I wrote it Thursday, but didn't post it until today, because someone suggested that I shouldn't broadcast that I'll be away, or where Ill be, until after I come back.

Christine Dempsey said...

Gotcha, that makes a lot of sense. I was worried when you didn't show up at the show on Saturday and there were no posts from you since last Wednesday (yes I worry about you). I understand now. A romantic Mensa away weekend ;) Hope you had a great time. I'll read about it later. Off to teach at my new studio now...