Monday, May 21, 2007

1259 More Manhattan Meanders

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Today I met a Fellow Blogger in Manhattan. We had munchies in a deli, and visited the Museum of Modern Art.

That was funny.

We both said "I don't get it" a lot, and the final straw came when we stood in front of a small piece of ordinary graph paper glued to a sheet of plain white paper, framed, and hanging on the wall as "art". We looked at each other ... and raced each other to the nearest exit.

We had more fun in the museum shops, that one and the folk art shop next door.

I got to see Rockefeller Center (that hole in the ground looks bigger on tv), a big gingerbread cathedral where something significant was going on, and Madison Square Garden (which is round), and we visited the wonderful chocolate shop, where the hot chocolate is thick and rich and makes life worth living.

I walked with FB to Penn Station at about 5 pm, and then I headed back to Grand Central Terminal all by myself.

I found out that if you saunter at exactly the right slow speed, you can hit every crosswalk on "walk".

It started raining, but I had an umbrella, and the drizzle didn't last long. I found the NYC Library, and walked around two sides, but didn't see anything that looked like a welcoming door, and didn't find the lions. Wrong sides, I guess. I would have liked to have gone in. My right hip was getting tired, so I figured I ought to keep moving GCT-ward. I wandered around in Bryant Park, which is very pretty, with lots of tables and chairs, (and free WiFI), and I got to Grand Central 2 minutes after the hourly train to Poughkeepsie left.

That's ok - that gave me an hour to visit shops in the terminal. Some of them are really nice. I could have spent more time there. I bought a tiny "keychain" digital camera (pink!) for a few dollars in the Discovery store. I hope it takes decent pictures.

The train going home was actually crowded. I got home at 9:30 pm.
.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I visited a NY museum once...I walked around confused until I reached one of the exhibits which was a PILE of candy. It was yummy. -=)