Wednesday, May 23, 2007

1266 Something Else I don't Understand

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today my arms are very tired, and my right shoulder feels bruised, from hefting the cordless drill yesterday.

I said I like my corded (plug-in) drill because it's so much lighter.

The cordless drill and all other cordless tools have the battery right there attached, hanging on them. That's why they're so heavy. Every time you heft the tool, you have to also heft the battery.

Doesn't that seem a little stupid? The battery isn't necessary to the task.

The reason cordless tools are handy is that some places you might want to use the tools don't have electricity available. The problem with regular tools is not the cord, folks, it's the plug!

So, howcome we can't detach the battery from the cordless tools, set it on the floor, and run a cord from the battery to the tool?

Light tool.
Still no outlet necessary.
'Course then you couldn't call them cordless.
You could call them LIGHT IN WEIGHT!

(If anyone runs with this idea, all I want is credit. And a few of the nice light tools.)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JUST THINK OF ALL THE WONDERFUL LARGE MUSCLES U ARE GOING TO GET..LOL ROBERTA

Chris said...

I notice another difference between cordless and corded drills and that is the degree of torque making the cordless less weild