Saturday, January 06, 2007

1060 Walking It Off

Saturday, January 06, 20067

[Edit - another date correction. Ignore.]

Daughter called at about 2:30 today. She and Hercules were on the road headed for Pennsylvania for his grandmother's ninetieth birthday. She said that it was in the seventies today, and I should go for a walk. She says walking helps her to keep colds from going into her chest, so it should be good for me.

If Daughter lived anywhere but north central New Jersey, I might believe her.

It was 3:30 before I got started walking. I decided not to walk on my road because I didn't want to have to climb the hill to get back home, so I drove into the village to walk. I figured that way, if I collapsed on the street, somebody would find me sooner.

It was 65 degrees, with a stiff cool breeze. Bleck. It may have been warmer earlier, but setting out an hour before the sun went down was probably not the best idea. My hair is still pasty, so I had worn a hat and was grateful for it. I kept hoping I wouldn't see anyone I knew, because I look like death warmed over. My eyes are red, my nose is swollen, and something strange is going on with my cheeks and neck - they look saggier than normal.

I walked a total of maybe six blocks and then gave up. My knees were tired.

If it's nice tomorrow, I'll try again, but earlier. I might even wash my hair first.

.

No comments: