Thursday, January 04, 2007

1056 Reporting In

Thursday, January 04, 2006

Nose was running a lot until about 7 pm today, and then it stopped. Swollen now, but dry, I can breathe through it. Temperature 100.9. Sweating. Body aches. Everywhere. Very little coughing, lots of sneezing. Headache. I think there might be something going on in the sinuses. No chest or abdominal involvement.

So far I've treated the body aches with bathtub soaks. I've been able to short-circuit the throat by gargling with firewater (mouthwash) every time I think of it. All I've taken otherwise is a little aspirin for the headache. I have this theory that fever and phlegm has a purpose, so I leave them alone until they seem to be getting out of control. So far, so good. I plan to use a littleVicks Vaporub on my chest tonight, just to keep things open.

I've been in bed all day with Miss Thunderfoot snuggled against my knees, a heating pad on low under the small of my back, TV, crossword puzzles, and a book. I doze off and on.

I couldn't think of anything I wanted to eat, until I settled on either New England clam chowder or cream of potato soup. I don't have either in the house (I thought I did), so I had some sugar-free ice cream, and lots of iced tea. Everything else seemed like it took too much effort, or it would "fill or scratch my throat too much" - I don't know how to explain that, but that's what it felt like when I rejected it.

If I don't feel any worse tomorrow, I might go get some canned chowder. It's going to stick in my brain until I do.

.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I want to try one of those new tablets that you put on the shower floor when you get a hot shower and it creates a vapor sauna in your shower.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Have a great weekend!
Chris
My Blog

Kate said...

Sorry you're feeling so awful. I like TheraFlu because it helps with the chills, numbs my throat, and knocks me out every time. Get well soon!