Wednesday, January 03, 2007

1055 Tempting Fate

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I went out Sunday night, spent many hours in a series of rooms with people packed in so tight they actually pushed on our table to get by.

Monday I had dinner with Daughter and Hercules. Daughter has been fighting a sore throat (a.k.a. New Jersey Throat) for a few weeks.

Monday evening Roman called to say Happy New Year. He said his head was all stopped up.

Tuesday morning, Piper called to cancel our planned lunch. He sounded terrible. Head and throat.

I made the mistake of saying to Piper that it seemed like everyone I knew was sick, and that I seemed to have lucked out so far. And then I immediately regretted saying it when I heard Fate laughing from the next room.

At precisely 3:10 today, as if someone fired a starting gun, my nose began running, and a hot spot sprang up in the back of my throat. Things have since gone downhill. Me no feel so good.

Bleck.

I'm sure I'd have been ok if I hadn't tempted Fate.

.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Uh-oh. Ominous silence from the Hudson Valley. Wave a delicate hanky to let us know you're alive.