Sunday, December 31, 2006

1048 The Strange Thing

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Well, referring to the previous post, it IS him. He replied to my note this morning. But nobody should get all hopeful about any romantic connections. I'm not. He's WAY out of my league. Even if he isn't, the female competition would be. I doubt he is tired of beauty and sophistication, so I'm not thinking anything interesting could happen. I was just startled to find him "out there", and I'd like to reconnect in a casual way.

He says we could have lunch later in the month.

He mentioned that he'd been dating someone, and they'd broken up, and a friend signed him up on the site, and he's enjoying meeting new women (although nobody lives up to their profiles), but he's still in touch with the old love and they may yet get back together.

Hmmmm. Where have I heard that before?

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!
.

1 comment:

Becs said...

So, go. It's just lunch. You'll at least get to catch up. And let him pay. Don't you dare even make that fake little feint for the handbag when the check comes.

Out of your league? No. No. I don't even know who this guy is and I'm telling you right now, he's the one who should be worrying about whether he's on the playing field or not. So there. :)