Sunday, October 15, 2006

927 Sunday

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I went to Rakkasah yesterday, mainly to see Willow dance. She was, as usual, terrific. The audience response was extremely positive, especially considering that it was improvisation to a live band, as opposed to a rehearsed routine to recorded music.

I didn't get there until after 6 pm, but it seemed like all the best dancers were from 6 to 11, so even though I was there for such a short time, I was satisfied. Others who were there were staying through today, but when I was about to put my makeup on in the hotel room this morning, I suddenly decided I didn't want to, and I wanted to go home. I don't know why. I just felt tired, drained. My feet hurt because I had worn the wrong shoes Saturday, and I hadn't brought any others.

I almost fell asleep on the 2.5 hour drive home. I wore my bedroom slippers to drive home. And no makeup.

I got home about 1:30, lay across the bed to read a bit, and fell asleep. I didn't wake up until after 5 pm. This is highly unusual for me.

When I got to the hotel room last night, according to the thermostat it was 70 degrees F in the room, and it felt cold to me. I boosted it to 75, and still felt cold all night. When I got home, the thermostat said it was 75 in my house, and I felt cold. I've boosted it to 77, and I still feel cold. I had about convinced myself that there was something wrong with my home thermostat, that it was registering high, but now I wonder. It's not likely that the hotel thermostat was also registering high. I think I'm just feeling cold. My hands, feet, arms, legs, face - sometimes it feels like my nose is about to fall off. I get shivers. I don't think it's a circulation problem, 'cause everything's still pink.

A few days ago I felt like I had a fever, you know, that "loggy" feeling?, so I took my temperature. It was 96.2 oral. I thought maybe there was something wrong with the thermometer, so I tried again with a different one. Same result. I have always run a bit low - 97.7 to 98.2 is normal for me - but this is unusually low.

Thyroid? Insulin? I guess I should do a little research. My internal thermostat might have gotten reset this summer when the A/C was screwed up and it got into the 90s in the house.

Right now I'm too tired to think about it. (Hmmm. That sounds thyroid, too. Could also explain why I haven't been able to lose any more weight.) Funniest thing is that when I kick myself into gear, I'm fine as long as I keep moving. It's only when I stop that I feel so tired.

Whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I appreciate the support. I'm very happy you were able to come to Rakkasah. Don't worry about not being there on Sunday - it was a dull day. I'm sure you've read or will read in my journal about Sunday. I'm very happy you were there and that I got to see you! I feel much better.

I'm sending positive vibes to your nephew. The photo in your most recent post is helpful in sending healing energy to the right place!