Saturday, October 21, 2006

940 Called to Rochester

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Jay's eldest sister called this evening. I haven't talked with her in ages. Haven't seen her in more than a year. There seems to be a problem with one of Jay's father's caregivers, so she's going to be in Rochester next week to find out what's going on, and asked if I'd like to join her there. The problem? Strange charges showing up on the credit cards, the doctor called her and said he suspects emotional if not physical abuse, the vet called her and said the dog is losing weight, etc. Dad's got 24-hour care, there are several caretakers, so it may be a problem in more than one area.

I have to work at the museum on Monday, but I can drive to Rochester on Tuesday (a 6-hour drive) and return on Thursday. It will be nice to see both of them.

I just hope nothing critical happens in Orlando while I'm gone.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You might want to check out some of those signs of elder abuse lists. I think www.dhs.gov has one in the long term care section.

I hope it's a mistake...but I have a feeling.

Chris
My Blog