Saturday, October 14, 2006

926 Nephew

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Update on my nephew in Orlando: He "popped a wheelie" on his motorcycle (whether it was on purpose or not is unknown), and went over backward, striking the back of his head on the pavement. Then apparently the front of the motorcycle hit his face. His girlfriend was following him in a car, so he got 911 assistance immediately. His skull is fractured, and his brain is swelling. He apparently wasn't moving too fast at the time, so he has no other injuries. The doctors are not encouraging, but that may just be preparing the family for the worst.

Naturally, being me, I asked my sister whether they had opened his skull to relieve pressure, what medications he was on, and so on. Naturally, being her, my sister didn't know.

On a different front, I have changed the comment processing so that I have to approve comments before they are posted, so if you leave a comment, you won't see it for a while. Don't worry - it will eventually appear. I did this because someone from my past has contacted me through a comment on an archived entry, and she's not sure I am who she thinks I am (I am!), so she didn't leave contact information. Naturally, I don't want to leave specifics as to my name or other identifying info in a comment either. So - If I have to approve comments before they are posted, she can give me her email address in a comment, I won't post the comment, and then we can get more specific outside the public eye.

3 comments:

Ally said...

definitely sending good vibes to your nephew!

Kate said...

I am very sorry to hear about your nephew. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

SILK, I HOPE YOUR NEPHEW PULLS THROUGH IN GOOD SHAPE AND QUICKLY. MY SON TOOK ME ON HIS HOG ABOUT 30 YEARS AGO, DID A WHEELIE, I HAD MY EYES CLOSED ALL THE WHILE, HE FINALLY SOLD IT WHEN HIS WIFE TOLD HIM TO. WE ARE SO HAPPY HE IS GROUNDED SO TO SPEAK...ROBERTA