Wednesday, July 26, 2006

820 Tuesday continued & Wednesday

After lunch with Piper on Tuesday, I came home and decided to take care of that little breakin exposure. But before I fixed it so I, or anybody else, couldn't break into the house, I needed to get some spare keys to distribute. I went to the hardware store in the village, and had three copies made of the front door key. Then I came home and tried them in the door. The first two keys didn't work at all. The third key not only didn't work, it got stuck in the lock.

Screwdriver. Remove doorknob. Take whole mess to hardware store. Surprise - key copying machine is now broken. No kidding. What was the first clue?

They sent me to their sister store in the next village, where the stuck key was pried out of the lock, and three new keys were cut. An advantage of having the doorknob with me, we were able to test them on the spot. Back home, replace doorknob. A three hour job.

I haven't been on the treadmill in two weeks, and stuff like those keys is partly why. Time gets eaten up. The other reason is that after I'm on the treadmill, my hair isn't presentable until I can defrizz it, so I keep putting it off every day until it gets too late.

On the way back from the hardware store, I stopped at the spa and got an electronic key that will get me in after hours - up until 10 pm. That'll be a lot more convenient for me. I figured I'd go home and watch Big Brother (Well, watch Kaysar. The show this season is really boring, and the producers seem to know it, because they've been featuring Kaysar a lot. To keep things interesting, I guess. Works for me) from 8 'til 9, then go to the spa.

At 9:00 I was headed out the door, headed for the treadmill, and the phone rang. It was Daughter. We had a pretty good 25-minute conversation, and hung up in enough time that I could still make it. I was headed out the door, and the phone rang. It was Roman. We had a pretty good conversation, and ... I missed my window. The spa key works only up 'til 10. If you're in by 10, you can stay as long as you want, but you can't get in after 10. Roman and I had talked for over an hour. It didn't seem that long.

Scratch the treadmill. Again.

No comments: