Friday, July 23, 2010

3035 Getting there

Friday, July 23, 2010

"An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex."
-- Aldous Huxley --

---------------------------------------------

I have never claimed to be an intellectual.

--------------------------------

Fred the van went to Captain Vantastic this afternoon. I was so proud of Fred. The Hunk drove him and I followed, and Fred behaved beautifully.

The Captain was a bit strange. It was almost like he didn't know who I was. Maybe he was a bit annoyed because I had called him Thursday and told him I'd be dropping the van off Thursday evening, and he was annoyed that I hadn't called to tell him there'd been a change of plans - but I didn't see where it mattered that much. Ok. Communicate better next time.

Rain again today. No deluge, just wetness all day. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow or Sunday. Tomorrow I want to go to a street fair, and Sunday I hope to visit Daughter (depending on what she's got going on).

She's supposed to call and tell me what her schedule looks like. She hasn't called yet. And Piper or Meg was supposed to call and tell me whether we were going to dinner tonight or tomorrow night, and they haven't called. It's almost 10 pm, so I gather it isn't tonight, but what about tomorrow?

Ok. I see the Captain's problem....
.

No comments: