Sunday, July 18, 2010

3029 Spiritual Label Discovery!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Fundamentalism isn't about religion, it's about power."
-- Salmon Rushdie --

------------------------------------

I have my own set of beliefs, that have come to me through revelation and observation. Being human, I have searched for years for a label I could use to describe it to others, since the full description is unwieldy - I needed sort of shorthand. People like labels.

I think I've finally found it. I am (sort of) a Pantheist, with overtones of Taoism. That doesn't mean I believe the same things as other Panthiests or Taoists, but it's close enough.

So there. A label.

----------------------------------

An observation: Morality does not come from religion. It comes from within oneself, a facet of one's personality.
.

No comments: