Saturday, June 19, 2010

2994 Craft Fair Part 2

Saturday, June 19, 2010

"By a curious confusion, many modern critics have passed from the proposition
that a masterpiece may be unpopular to the other proposition
that unless it is unpopular it cannot be a masterpiece."
-- G. K. Chesterton --

--------------------------------------------------------

Continued from previous post.

Organic and herbal soaps & cosmetics:

Jams and jellies in all kinds of strange flavors and combinations:

Tarts:

Baskets:

Fruit breads and pies. They actually had sugar-free fruit pies, so I bought a 6-inch blueberry pie.

Biscotti. Again, she had sugar-free, so I bought three containers - almond, lemon, and cappuccino chocolate. I was surprised to find that many of the food vendors had sugar-free wares this year. Or maybe they always had them and I just didn't notice. By the way, everybody offers tastes. You can make a whole (unbalanced) meal in this building.

Painter, I think, maybe photography. I forget.

Shea butter seems very popular, wharever it is:

Handmade Victorian doodads:
Carved wood:

Glass paperweight-sort of things. Those are frilly glass jellyfish inside.

Stained glass with fossil and fossil-like inclusions:

Wooden jewelry boxes:

Soft leather:

Wood:

Pottery (love the Hershey's Kisses):

Leather:

Wooden utensils:

Hats:

There was lots of jewelry, everywhere, some of it very creative. This is not a particularly good photo representation, but when I hit jewelry booths, I was looking, not shooting. (I bought a necklace made of horse shoe nails.)

In many of the booths, craftsmen were actually making things right there (he stepped away just as I took the photo):

Furniture:

I do enjoy the craft fair. My two favorite artists were not there this year. One guy paints the most incredibly detailed local scenes, tiny brush strokes, every blade of grass is individual. The other guy has photos from his travels around the world - mostly architectural detail. I have in the past bought something from each of them about every other year or so. I haven't seen either of them in two or three years. I miss them.
.

No comments: