Sunday, June 13, 2010

2986 Secret in their eyes

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

-------------------------------

I saw a movie this evening - "The Secret in Their Eyes". I very highly recommend it. See it if it's anywhere near you.  [Later Note - this is the 2009 Argentine movie, not the 2015 remake.  The remake is crap.]

It won an Oscar for best foreign-language film (Spanish, English subtitles). I'm not usually aware of the technical aspects of movies, but this was some of the best direction and camera work I've seen in ages. The male and female lead were excellent, the eyes and their secrets are all over the place.

The New Yorker review is here: http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/cinema/2010/04/19/100419crci_cinema_denby.

------------------------------------

Yes, I've changed the template for this blog, not entirely on purpose. The way Blogger used to work it, you could try out various templates, and if you didn't like the new one, you could always go back to the old one. They've got some new templates and a new interface. Unfortunately, the old template I had been using no longer exists, so after I'd tried a few of the new ones, I couldn't go back.

This was the least offensive of the new ones.
.

No comments: