Sunday, December 20, 2009

2708 I hate winter (in case that wasn't clear enough already).

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The last time Republicans cared about my rights, I was a fetus.

-------------------------------


I couldn't get a consensus anywhere yesterday as to how much snow we were supposed to get overnight. Estimates from the TV weathermen, acquaintances, three different online weather sites, and the weather radio (nat'l weather service) ranged from 2 to 20 inches. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome#1 at the gas station assured me we'd get 4 inches. The grocery stores were packed yesterday with people stocking up.

So I prepared.

I bought cat food and a few other things that I didn't want to run out of, filled some bottles with water (if the electricity goes out I have no heat or water), boosted the thermostat and took it off program so that the house wouldn't get cold overnight, in case there was no heat in the morning, called my plow guy and said if we got three inches or more he should plow for me, set aside the cash to pay him, and at 2 am I moved my car to the bottom of the driveway.

I kept putting off moving the car, because it was cold and windy, and dark, and the long walk back up the drive is scary in the dark, but I knew if I didn't move it, we'd get at least a foot. The plow man would have to call me when he arrived, to move the car out onto the road so he could get through, and I just knew that would be at like 6 am or something. Walking back up the drive, there were glints of falling snow in the beam of the flashlight.

This morning, nothing. No snow.

For all you local folks, you're welcome. If I had made no preparations, you KNOW we'd have got 2 or 3 feet, so I know I am responsible.
.

No comments: